Making an Appointment
You can make an appointment in the following ways:
We would advise booking routine appointments for days other than Mondays, as they are usually very busy.
Please use the patient check-in screen in reception to check in for your appointment.
Please be aware that we can book appointments up to 4 weeks in advance, so if you only want to see your doctor for a non urgent issue, there may be a wait.
For an urgent appointment please telephone the surgery on 01752 842281 to arrange an appointment rather than drop in at the surgery. Some conditions can wait a little while, so please be patient if a doctor is not available at a time which suits you.
There is a wide range of medical problems that we are happy to see you about at the surgery by making an appointment.
Some of the following are examples of the conditions that are within our training and competenece and we are happy to deal with:
- Vaccinations and Immunisations including overseas travel advice
- Removal of stitches
- Ear syringing (we suggest you soften the ear wax first by instilling olive oil drops for a few days)
- Cervical smears
- Repeat prescriptions for hormone replacement therapy
- Dressings including leg ulcer clinics
Some of our nurses are trained to run the minor illness clinics, seeing patients who may be experiencing:
- Chest infections
- Sore throats
- Asthma – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your asthma, please use our online form
- COPD – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a COPD assessment, please use our online form
All of the nurses are able to give advice about all aspects of family planning and are happy to see you for routine review of the oral contraceptive pill. We are also happy to give advice over the phone and if you ask the health care co-ordinator to speak to us, she will take a contact number so that we can ring you back when we are not seeing patients in the surgery.
There are some conditions that you may have felt more appropriate to see a GP about in the past. Some of the nurses have extended their expertise to deal with these problems and you may like to consider seeing the nurse about minor and/or acute illness.
Some examples are listed below:
- Conjunctivitis (sticky eyes)
- Sore throat
Please feel free to ask for an appointment with the nurse if you would like to. If you present with a problem that the nurse does not feel she can cope with she can always arrange for a doctor to give further advice about it.
Health Care Assistants
Our health care assistants undertake:
- New patient and patient health checks
- Health promotion
- Blood pressure checks – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your blood pressure, please use our online form.
- Stop smoking advice
- Assisting at minor operations
Please feel free to make an appointment to see one of our health care assistants.